Monday, April 18, 2011

Distant


You were staring at that distant wall where waves crash and take its turn. On that horizon you were looking for something or maybe waiting for someone...either which I do not know. I too was lost in the waves scanning the horizon as far as my blind eyes can take me.

I was secretly hoping you'd turn around and see me there, or perhaps notice that I see you--so you would stop searching. I was asking the waves to bring me your eyes so I can see what my blind eyes can not. Alas, the waves can only kiss the sand and go back to where-ever it came from. It too can not help me see nor cheat what your private thoughts confess.

And then you turned around and walked away.

-----
 I stood there staring at the distant wall where waves crash and take its turn.  I was waiting for you to say something and turn your gaze towards me.  You seem lost as I am, but you just stood there.  I had to turn and walk away.


-----
I saw them from a distance.  They were watching the tides roll towards the evening sky. From where I am, I can see him looking over his shoulder and his eyes where filled with words his mouth can not say... then he looked up as if in prayer.  And then I realized... they were just a breath apart, but not one nor the other could reach out and take that chance.  Later did I realize they were alone.


I stood there as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMAIL & NICK REQUIRED FOR YOUR COMMENTS TO BE POSTED.